How Long to Cook Chicken Tenders in Oven?
If you’re in the mood for some delicious chicken tenders but don’t want to go out to a restaurant, you can easily cook them at home in your oven. However, there is no one-size-fits-all answer to how long to cook chicken tenders in the oven, as it will depend on the thickness of your chicken and your desired level of doneness. But by using this guide, you’ll be able to cook perfect chicken tenders every time.
I’m sure we’ve all been there – scrolling through social media when all of a sudden, we see an ad for our favorite fast food restaurant. And even though we’re trying to stay healthy, that smell just makes us crave some fried chicken tenders. Well, rather than giving in and ordering takeout, why not try cooking them at home in your oven? It’s really easy and only takes a few minutes! But before we get started, let’s first learn a little bit about how to determine how long to cook chicken tenders based on their thickness.
In under 30 minutes, you will have a delicious meal that’s simple to prepare and perfect for any occasion. We’re answering the question: How long to cook chicken tenders in oven? And we will also share an easy recipe with minimal ingredients so everyone has access to find their own favorite flavors!
How Long to Cook Chicken Tenders in Oven?
The thickness of your chicken will be the biggest factor in determining how long to cook chicken tenders in your oven. If you have thin chicken, it will cook faster than thick chicken. And if you like your chicken well-done, it will need to cook for longer than if you prefer it medium or rare. That being said, here is a general guideline for how long to cook chicken tenders in the oven:
- For thin chicken (1/2 inch or less): 10-12 minutes
- For thick chicken (1 inch or more): 20-25 minutes
Of course, these are just guidelines and your actual cooking time may vary depending on the size and thickness of your chicken as well as your desired level of doneness. So, it’s always best to use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of your chicken before taking it out of the oven.
The best way to cook chicken tenders is in an oven preheated at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. To ensure that your food stays moist and tender, it should take about 20 minutes for thin cuts like these – but if they’re smaller or larger than normal servings then plan on checking them closer so as not to over-cooking!
How to Cook Chicken Tenders in Oven
Here is how you can cook delicious, tender chicken tenders in your oven! preheat it before starting so that everything goes smoothly together.
First, mix up some spices with olive oil and place them inside a baggy along with one or two tablespoons per person (depending on preference) then pour more over top after shaking well till all are covered evenly throughout – pro tip: if there’s still leftover mixture from step 3 just add another splash before cooking!
Next, put the chicken onto an oven-safe tray or baking dish and cook according to the above guide. If you’re using a meat thermometer, make sure to check the internal temperature of your chicken before taking it out of the oven.
Easy Chicken Tenders Recipe
-1 pound chicken tenderloins
-1/4 cup olive oil
-1 teaspoon garlic powder
-1 teaspoon onion powder
-1 teaspoon paprika
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- Place chicken tenders in a large resealable bag and pour the spice mixture over top. Seal the bag and shake until the chicken is evenly coated.
- Place chicken on an oven-safe tray or baking dish and cook for 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Let chicken rest for a few minutes before cutting into it. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and a side of vegetables or salad. Enjoy!
Now it’s time to enjoy your delicious, homemade chicken tenders! Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce and a side of vegetables or salad for a complete meal. And if you have any leftovers, they make great lunch or dinner the next day.
Some Tips When Cooking Chicken Tenders in Oven
- Always preheat your oven before cooking chicken tenders or any other food. This will help ensure that your food cooks evenly and prevents it from sticking to the pan.
- Season your chicken with your favorite spices and herbs to add flavor and depth of taste.
- Use an oven-safe tray or baking dish when cooking chicken tenders in the oven. This will make it easier to transfer them from the oven to your plate.
- If you like your chicken well done, cook it for a few minutes longer than the recommended cooking time. But if you prefer it medium or rare, cook it for less time.
- Let your chicken rest for a few minutes after cooking before cutting it. This will help retain its juices and make it more tender.
Now that you know how long to cook chicken tenders in oven, try our easy recipe below!
What to Serve with Chicken Tenders?
There are so many delicious things you can serve with chicken tenders! Here are a few of our favorites:
– A side of roasted vegetables: Roasted vegetables are the perfect accompaniment to chicken tender. Try roasting a mix of vegetables, such as carrots, potatoes, and Brussels sprouts.
– A simple green salad: A green salad is a light and healthy option that goes well with chicken tenders. Try adding some diced avocado or crumbled blue cheese for extra flavor.
– A grain bowl: Grain bowls are a filling and satisfying option for lunch or dinner. Simply add cooked grains, such as quinoa or brown rice, to a bowl and top with chicken tenders, veggies, and your favorite sauce or dressing.
– Pasta: Chicken tenders are also delicious when served over pasta. Try them with a simple tomato sauce or a creamy Alfredo sauce.
– Wrapped in a tortilla: Chicken tenders are great for making tacos, burritos, or wraps. Simply add them to a tortilla with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
How to Store Leftovers
Leftover chicken tenders can be stored in many ways. If you still have some leftovers, just make sure that it’s cool before storing them away! You might want to put these tasty snacks into an airtight container or zip-top bag so they don’t get too mellow from being left out on the counter for too long period timeframes (it happens).
They’ll keep for about 4 days at room temperature if kept refrigerated – but let’s say your fridge isn’t available. Well, then I recommend freezing instead; again using those freezer-safe options mentioned above! When it comes to how long these will store, it all depends on how you’ve cooked them. If they’re raw, then they can last up to 6 months in the freezer. But if they’re already cooked, then they’ll only keep for 2-3 months.
Learning how long to cook chicken tenders in oven is a useful skill to have! Chicken tenderloins are versatile and delicious proteins that can be used in many different recipes. And now that you know how to cook them, you can enjoy them any time you want. So go ahead and try our easy recipe below. And don’t forget to share it with your friends and family!
So there you have it – everything you need to know about how long to cook chicken tenders in your oven. By following this guide, you’ll be able to cook juicy, tender chicken that’s perfect for any occasion. So go ahead and try it today! Don’t forget to check out our other cooking guides for more helpful tips and tricks. Bon appetit!
Anthony Michelin (March 26, 1960) is the CEO of Ryujinramenbrooklyn.com – is an expert in finding specialized equipment to assist in the Bar & Kitchen sector. With over 40 years of focus on finding the simplest recipes on the most suitable cookware to create the most delicious meals, I believe it will help you.